Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Is excel mailing list exportable to Outlook Contacts?

Good to hear.

Glad to help.

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 12:14:01 -0700, Pam Miller
wrote:

funnily enough that was the easy bit- my problem was getting to that stage so
all done now!
Pam

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Good luck Pam

Now all you have to do is figure the mapping in Outlook<g

Gord

On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 23:07:00 -0800, Pam Miller <Pam
wrote:

thanks so much, I must have been making a tiny error, but will in future
follow your steps exactly- een written them to a card to ensure I don't keep
asking the same question, thanks

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Example only.............

You have header names in A1:G1

You have individual names, addresses etc. in single rows from A2:G50

Select A1:G50 and InsertNameDefine.

Give it a name and OK then save the workbook.

Now open Outlook and try the import.

Note: if the worksheet with the data is first in line in your workbook you
don't need the defined name.

Gord

On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 08:19:01 -0800, Pam Miller <Pam
wrote:

HI
I am having similar problems- I have defined the data list, which has header
names, with 1 name for the data, and also made sure that there are no other
names defined, yet the error message form outlook is: [outlook][ODBC excel
driver] too many fields defined. can anyone help?
thanks

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Your sheet has some headers across row1 like Name, Address, City, State, Zip,
Telephone, Email with each contact on a row below those headers.

You select the entire range of data first in Excel

InsertNameDefine type in a name like MyName which defines the range you
selected.

Save then boop off to Outlook and FileImport/Export

Gord

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 22:48:29 -0800 (PST),

wrote:

On Nov 7, 12:52 pm, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:
With Outlook open go to FileImport ExportImport from another program or file"

Follow your nose from there to choose your Excel workbook.

Thanks Gord
I found the insert-name-define, but it rejected the name I put in,
perhaps 'defined name' is something specific.
really appreciate your help,
Leanne

I would first save the workbook after giving your 3000 member list a defined
name through InsertNameDefine.

Outlook likes that.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 6 Nov 2007 15:46:02 -0800, Leanne
wrote:

I am putting a 3,000 list together, and it will have email addresses as well
as postal. Is there a way I can export the list - or format it - so that it
doesnt have to be re-typed for Outlook?