Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Timma Timma is offline

Default AutoComplete vs. Section Headers

I have a customer (I'm in tech support) that wants to know why sometimes in
Excel he can enter the first few characters of a word and Excel will
AutoComplete the rest of the word for him but sometimes it won't. I've
determined that he is having this problem because of section headers. As
long as the word he wants to AutoComplete already exists within a section,
AutoComplete will work in that section; if the word does not yet exist in
that section, AutoComplete isn't going to work.

My question is, does anyone know any tips or tricks or better formatting
methods to get around this? This is a rather lengthy spreadsheet and there
are section headers galore.

Thank You!!