Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Adam Adam is offline

Default how 2 merge 2 tables (worksheets)

i didnt get it
if my first table is a1:d4 with tha same example i put before and my second
table on sheet 2 is a1:c3 what do i do? (take notice that in sheet 2 one of
the id# is missing. (the number of rows on the sheets are diff)

"Sean Timmons" wrote:

=INDEX(TABLE YOU ARE REFERENCING,MATCH(THE ID # FROM CURRENT TABLE,THE COLUMN
IN REFERENCED TABLE THAT HOLDS THE ID #),MATCH(THE COLUMN HEADER YOU WANT,THE
ROW IN REFERENCED TABLE THAT HAS YOUR COLUMN HEADERS))

So, if the first table you listed is on Sheet 1, in A1:C3 and your result
table is on Sheet2, say, A1:E4, where e-mail address is column E:

=INDEX(Sheet1!$A$1:$C$3,MATCH($A2,Sheet1!$A$1:$A$3 ),MATCH(E$1,Sheet1!$A$1:$C$1))

returns the e-mail address. Absolute values have been set to allow you to
copy this formula all the way down and to the right.

"adam" wrote:

if i have a table/sheet like this:

id# first last address
1 bob a ny
2 ron s la
3 dan r ca

and a different one:
id# email phone
1 212
3
718

is it posible to merege so where ever Id# sheet1 = Id# sheet 2 it will auto
add in that row the cells with the data?

example of final result i need:
id# first last address email phone
1 bob a ny
212