Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_166_] Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_166_] is offline

Default Identification of what day it is

It sounds like your "date" is actually text with one or more leading spaces
in front of it. If I am correct, either convert the "date" to a real date
or, at minimum, remove the leading spaces, and Teethless mama's formula
should work. If you don't want to modify what you now have, then (again, if
I am correct) this formula should work for you...

=TEXT(TRIM(A1),"ddd")

Rick

wrote in message
On Mar 8, 6:35 pm, Teethless mama
wrote:
=TEXT(A1,"ddd")

" wrote:
Hi

I was hoping someone could shed some light on this.I want column B to
identify the day in column A and express it as text.

I.E. when column A is 01/10/07,coumn B displays ' Mon'

column A column B
01/10/2007
02/10/2007
03/10/2007

Thanks
David- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for responding

Whenever i use =TEXT(A1,"ddd") ,column B displays
'01/10/2007'

Any suggestions.

David