Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Down arrow jumps cursor to end of cell text

Tell them it cannot be changed and to use the Enter or Tab key to leave the cell
after editing.

Or don't double-click.......F2...edit........F2 then use the arrow keys to leave
the cell.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 01:24:00 -0800, Timma
wrote:

Ok, so this is by design and that makes sense to me, but I do tech support
and I know someone will eventually ask. Is there anyway around this? Anyway
to change the default behavior?

Thanks,
Timma

"OssieMac" wrote:

The arrows work to move form one cell to another if you simple enter data
then press an arrow. If you try to edit data in a cell then the arrows only
move the cursor within the cell. Reason for this is so that you can use the
arrow keys to move the cursor within the cell for editing purposes.

OssieMac

"Timma" wrote:

I can move normally between cells using up and down arrows unless I double
click into a cell to edit the text within that cell. Clicking the down arrow
now moves the cursor to the end of the cell text instead of to the cell
immediately below the active cell. Clicking the up arrow moves the cursor to
the begging of the cell text instead of to the cell immediately above the
active cell.
Any suggestions?