Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default in-cell comment

Here are three ways:

1. use the N() function:
=RANDBETWEEN(1,10)+N(" hello World")
the comment is there but appears only in the formula bar, not the cell

2. concatenate the comment:
=RANDBETWEEN(1,10) & " Hello World"
the comment is now visible in the cell, but the cell is now text rather than
numeric

3. BEST put the comment in the format
Format Cells... Number Custom General" Hello World"
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200772

"BorisS" wrote:

I am certain there was once a way I put comments INTO cells. I am not
talking about the comment feature, but text that I can write in the line of
the cell's text, and have Excel ignore it. I am on '07 now, and think that
it used to be an "N" at the beginning of a line, but now that produces a
function. Anyone know what I'm referring to and how to accomplish it now?

--
Boris