Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default How do I get "auto sum" to subtract hidden cell values from total

If you're using Excel 2003 or later. Also note that SUBTOTAL (in all
versions) will only work on hidden rows. It will not work on hidden columns.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Tyro" wrote in message
et...
Yes. Look at the function SUBTOTAL in help. That function can exclude
manually hidden rows from totals.

Tyro

"Marsha" wrote in message
When I have a column or row of cells "auto summed" at the end I want to
be
able to hide certain colums/rows in that sequence and have the hidden
cell
values automatically deducted from the sum. Is that possible?