Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Default Counting multiple values (including blanks) in one column

Count the number of times that Fred appears, but where the company
does not include the word "bob" and only where there is a value of AA
or blank in column C.

In say, D2:
=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A10="Fred")*(B2:B10<"bob")*((C2:C 10="AA")+(C2:C10="")))
Adapt the ranges to suit
--
Max
Singapore
wrote in message
Hi guys, I hope you can help me with what I think is a simple solution
but dammed if I can find the solution.... I have the following
spreadsheet

In column A are a list of names, there are duplicate of the same name
but each one is for the same person. eg 10 x Fred, 10 x Bob, 10 x Dave

In Column B is a list of company names, again some are duplicates or
similar eg Bobs Firm or Bobs Company

In column C are a list of codes including blanks eg AA, BB , CC, DD

I am struggling to find a formula which will do the following

Count the number of times that Fred appears, but where the company
does not include the word "bob" and only where there is a value of AA
or blank in column C.

Any suggestions gratefully received

Paul