Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] paultedder@hotmail.com is offline

Default Counting multiple values (including blanks) in one column

Hi guys, I hope you can help me with what I think is a simple solution
but dammed if I can find the solution.... I have the following
spreadsheet

In column A are a list of names, there are duplicate of the same name
but each one is for the same person. eg 10 x Fred, 10 x Bob, 10 x Dave

In Column B is a list of company names, again some are duplicates or
similar eg Bobs Firm or Bobs Company

In column C are a list of codes including blanks eg AA, BB , CC, DD

I am struggling to find a formula which will do the following

Count the number of times that Fred appears, but where the company
does not include the word "bob" and only where there is a value of AA
or blank in column C.

Any suggestions gratefully received

Paul