Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JP[_4_] JP[_4_] is offline

Default In-Cell Drop Down List not properly working

Can you post the data validation settings?

Thx,
JP

On Mar 6, 6:28*pm, wrote:
I made an Excel worksheet that contain multiple worksheets. One of
them is a list of products containing multiple columns for different
parts. One of such parts is "LENS" column in which I use data
validation to have users select lenses from a pre-set Lens_List which
resides within the same worksheet.

There are a few problems I'm experiencing.
1) Though the set up, the arrow button does not appear when a cell
with a data validation setup is selected. I bring up the list by
pressing *"ALT"+Down Arrow to go around it.

2) The more serious problem. The drop-down list (by pressing "ALT+DOWN
ARROW") shows entries in the same column, not in the specified
"LENS_LIST". As a result, the drop-down list even shows the "title" of
column, but still missing items that have not been entered in the
column. Also I fount the drop-down list does not show the entry of its
own if the cell is not empty.