Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
jilli jilli is offline

Default X-axis scaling problem

I am having problems with creating scatter plots in the new excel. In the
old one (2003), one could highlight a whole column, have the column headings
end up as the axes titles, and have blank data points ignored. The new one
changes the x-axis to other numbers if blank data or text is included in the
selection. For instance, I graphed data containing x-values from 1000 to
5000, and when the header column was included, Excel renumbered all the
x-values from 1 to 15, maybe by ranking them, but the system was unclear.
Short of sorting my data to remove blank data points and MANUALLY ENTERING
THE AXIS TITLES EVERY SINGLE TIME, how should I solve this problem?