Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tyro[_2_] Tyro[_2_] is offline

Default If statement in cell formula

You've got me confused. Why are you searching for a dash (minus)? You make a
reference to the last character of D6 being a ")" but there is no reference
to a ")" in your formula. Please give us examples of what is in D6 and what
you want the result to be.

Tyro

"Rick S." wrote in message
I am better at VBA than worksheet formulas. :shrug:
I have this formula in a cell:
'======
=MID(D6,4,FIND("-",D6)-4)
'======
What I want to do is append "& " CONT"" to the formula as:
'======
=MID(D6,4,FIND("-",D6)-4) & " CONT"
'======
When the last character in cell "D6" is a ")".
I am hoping this can be a worksheet function. As of this posting I do
this
manually on far too many worksheets.

As always, any help is appreciated!
--