Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Teethless mama Teethless mama is offline

Default MAX and IF Problem

=MAX(INDEX((L1:L10=TRUE)*(B1:B10),0))

Adjust your range to suit

"Steve M" wrote:

I attempted to resolve this function problem previously but worded things so
poorly that no one could help me. I will try again. This time I will try to
explain in words what I am trying to do.

I want to find the max of values in column B only if the if formula in the
same row in column L returns TRUE (there will be either TRUE, FALSE or a
blank in this cell)

Note that if the entry in column B is blank, the corresponding entry in
column L will also be blank. If column B contains a value, column L will
contain the result of an if formula-either TRUE or FALSE.

Note too that the results in cells in column B are not values, but the
results from formulas.

TIA