Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default MAX and IF Problem

I should have been more specific - the formula provided by Ron Rosenfeld is the one that should have
worked...

Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org wrote in message
Steve,

The key to your problem is that the formula you were trying in response to your first post was an
array formula, which means that you must enter it using a three key combination Ctrl-Shift-Enter.

=MIN(IF(L2:L20,B2:B20))
=MAX(IF(L2:L20,B2:B20))

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Steve M" wrote in message ...
I attempted to resolve this function problem previously but worded things so poorly that no one
could help me. I will try again. This time I will try to explain in words what I am trying to do.

I want to find the max of values in column B only if the if formula in the same row in column L
returns TRUE (there will be either TRUE, FALSE or a blank in this cell)

Note that if the entry in column B is blank, the corresponding entry in column L will also be
blank. If column B contains a value, column L will contain the result of an if formula-either
TRUE or FALSE.

Note too that the results in cells in column B are not values, but the results from formulas.

TIA