Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
OssieMac OssieMac is offline

Default Removing Data Validation (Listbox)

Hi again Mark,

In answer to your second question; it can be done but needs an event driven
macro that runs each time the company name is changed. Also needs some
special setup of the validation lists. If you want it then let me know but it
might be a day or two before I can get back to you on it because I am
committed to other things at the moment.

OssieMac

"NoodNutt" wrote:

Hi everyone

Is there a way of removing validation from a specific cell after a value is
selected from another cell (List).

assume I have a validated "Company" list in Column A and the validated
"Employees Names" listed in column D

eg

After selecting "...Unlisted" from cell A1, can I then using VB to remove
the validation in D1 so I can manually input a name/value in it.

TIA
Mark

Also

could really use help on the following which I posted already, but as yet
have recieved no responses to, just need to know if it is possible.

Example:

If I select XYZ Trans from validated "Company" list in Column A, I would
like the validated "Employees Names" listed in column D to display only the
names of the employees for that company.

Once again
TIA
Mark.