Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Aussie Paul[_2_] Aussie Paul[_2_] is offline

Default Complex formulae??????????? Excel 2003

Martin, Thank you! You have just saved me me untold headaches. This is the
first time I have used this facility and was endevouring to keep things as
concise as possible. I will certainly proof read posts pror to posting, in
the future, yes it should have beem less than.

Thanks again, have a great weekend.

Cheers Paul

"MartinW" wrote:

OK just saw your next post, still confusing but getting closer.
Maybe this.
=IF(L1<G1,G1*0.1-L1*0.1,"")

You don't say what happens if L1 is greater than G1 so I
left it as a blank.

HTH
Martin

"MartinW" wrote:

Hi Paul,

First up to help others you should have mentioned that GST tax in Australia
is a flat
rate of 10% across the board.

This fomula in I1 will calc the difference between the two tax amounts.
=G1*0.1-L1*0.1

Obviously you need more than that but your post is not very clear, e.g.
When ever the value in L is than that of G,

Is that supposed to be lesser than or greater than?

Also what are the row numbers?
How is to be added to H? On the next row down maybe?
Or is it already added in the $861.91? i.e. was the value above
that one $770.00?

The better explanation you give the better answer you will get.

Regards
Martin

"Aussie Paul" wrote:

Col F contains a purchase amount including a GST tax, col G contains the same
purchase amount excluding GST. Col K is sale price inc GST, col L excluding
GST.
When ever the value in L is than that of G, I need to calculate the
difference between the two amounts of tax, ($2000 at purchase & $19090.91 at
sale, being $90.91) I then need to show this figure in col I as well as
adding it into col H.

F G H I
K L
$22000.00 $20000.00 $861.91 $90.91 $21000.00
$19090.91

Cheers from frustrated excel novice, Paul