Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tyro[_2_] Tyro[_2_] is offline

Default Complex formulae??????????? Excel 2003

With the numbers shown, and assuming all the numbers are in row 1, the
formula for I1 is simply =F1-G1-K1+L1. (Or =F1-G1-(K1-L1), in case you're
wondering where the + came from.) It's column H that presents a problem.You
say it contains a manually entered number. The only way (without using VBA)
to add the $90.91 to that is to put the answer in another cell such as M1
where the formula would be =H1+I1. The formula for I1 assumes that F1 is
greater than or equal to K1.

Tyro

"Aussie Paul" wrote in message
Tyro, additional info. Col H is a col for additional cost related to that
purchase. Input manually. The difference between the two tax amounts
becomes
an additional cost.

Cheers Paul

"Tyro" wrote:

We need to know what is in column H. A formula?

Tyro

"Aussie Paul" <Aussie wrote in message
Col F contains a purchase amount including a GST tax, col G contains
the
same
purchase amount excluding GST. Col K is sale price inc GST, col L
excluding
GST.
When ever the value in L is than that of G, I need to calculate the
difference between the two amounts of tax, ($2000 at purchase &
$19090.91
at
sale, being $90.91) I then need to show this figure in col I as well as
adding it into col H.

F G H I
K L
$22000.00 $20000.00 $861.91 $90.91 $21000.00
$19090.91

Cheers from frustrated excel novice, Paul