David

Default Issue with copying Text.

I am wondering how to copy a cell that contains text from one worksheet to
another. In other words I have two woorksheets in the same book, lets call
them Sheet1 and sheet 2.

Sheet1 has a column of company names in call it column A and figures in
column B.
Sheet 2 has a report that will change. I would like to be able to write
='Sheet1'!A1 into the cell so that no matter what I type in Sheet1 cell A1 it
will copy that information over to Sheet2.

I can do this with numbers but is there a way to copy text. All I get is the
formula, and when I tried in a new sheet I got #VALUE!

Any help would be appreciated