Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
FoulDwimmerlaik FoulDwimmerlaik is offline

Default trouble getting a formula to repeat rows

well I'll be damned! I've been messing with that formula problem for some
time now. Thanks!
As far as the decimal issue though, when I select Edit then Paste Special,
it doesn't give me an option for multiply, just Paste As: Unicode Text or
Text.

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

First your formula, you don't copy it from the formula bar and paste it,
instead you drag it by selecting the cell and pointing to the fill handle on
the bottom right hand corner. Click and hold the left mouse button and drag
down and you formula will increment.

Fot the nimber put 1000 in a cell somewhere and copy it. Select your cells
with the decimal numbers in and
Edit|Paste special
Select multiply and click OK
Note this only works for .345 etc for .35 you would need to multiply by 100.

Mike

"FoulDwimmerlaik" wrote:

Thanks in advance to all your help.
I have a formula I'm using, =(C1*3)+(E1*5)+(F1*3)+(I1*5)+K1, and I need it
to repeat at the end of every row and recalculate every row, so that every
row has its own total. Trouble is, when I copy the formula from the Formula
bar and paste it into the last cell of the next row, it just keeps
calculating for the very first row. I've checked my settings and I'm set to
"automatic" calculation not manual (as I've read that is a common problem)
but to no avail. Please help me!
Also, on a probably much simpler note: several columns of data are less than
whole numbers, ie., .345, .245, etc. How can I change these to represent
whole numbers, ie., 345 and 245 sans decimals?
Thanks again!