Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rhonda Rhonda is offline

Default Speed of Excel When Inserting & Deleting Rows

I just want to say thank you so much. You and Roger helped me a lot. My excel
was ridiculously slow. I read this and took it all out. I myself just got a
new laptop with Vista. Excell 2007 works great on my desktop with windows XP
but I was getting no where with Vista. I couldn't believe how slow it was. I
uninstalled Google Desktop and everything else Google. It runs so much faster
now. Thank you so much. I myself am glad I found this board.

Thanks again,
Rhonda

"Gerry" wrote:

I have my new Vista machine with Excel 2007 on my desk and my old XP PC with
Excel 2002 is pushed aside. The new PC with dual cores, 2 Gb RAM, etc. is
faster in almost every aspect. One exception is inserting and deleting rows
in Excel.

With my old XP/2002 PC, this function is instantaneous. There is not even a
hesitation. With Vista/2007, the aqua, spinning disk appears and there is a
several second hesitation for every insert or delete.

I have all the latest updates and I ran the diagnostics. Everything appears
normal.

So, can it be true that Excel 2007 is just slower? I am creating and editing
spreadsheets every day and the extra seconds are adding up. I wasn't
expecting to take a step backwards in efficiency.

Thanks for any help or thoughts,