Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default XY Scatter Chart - Drag individual data points on graph

Hi,

No, if you drag and drop cells on to a chart the cells simple get moved
within the sheet. The new chart object does not capture the dropping of
cells on to it.
You can copy and paste still though.

Cheers
Andy

wrote:
Another great feature that seems to be missing is the ability to
select a data set in a workbook and drag it to an existing chart.
Does anyone know if this feature is still available?

Seems like Microsoft missed the boat on this one.

Dave

On Jan 10, 12:49 am, "David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk
wrote:

No. It isn't.
--
David Biddulph

"Darril" wrote in message

In Excel 2003, I was able to drag individual xy scatter point data to a
new
position on the actual graph. This was a great feature when one wanted to
move
data to get them to coalesce with a scanned curve that had been included
in
the graph background. I am not able to do this in Excel 2007. Does anybody
know if this feature is available in Excel 2007?- Hide quoted text -

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info