Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default column limitation

Only problem with this Rick is that if OP selects a row header and Copies that
row, even the hidden columns are included in the selection.

Although this can be overcome by first selecting the row and F5SpecialVisible
CellsOK.

Then do the copy and paste.

Gord

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 14:43:47 -0500, "Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)"
wrote:

You could hide those columns. Select columns H through IV (you can do this
quickly by entering H:IV in the Name Box, the one to the left of the Formula
Bar) and then right-click the selected cells and click Hide on the popup
menu that appears.

Rick

"mbnspect" wrote in message
I am working on an excel spread sheet. I only need to have 9 columns for
what I want to do. The columns are from A to J. Is there a way of
deleting
the rest of the columns or making them inactive. This makes it easier
especially when blocking a row. It would not be row of 702 columns but
only
of 9 columns?