Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JP[_4_] JP[_4_] is offline

Default Calculation Manual vs Automatic

If you wanted a VBA solution, this code would go in the ThisWorkbook module
of your personal.xls workbook.

Private WithEvents XLApp As Excel.Application

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Set XLApp = Excel.Application
End Sub

Private Sub XLApp_NewWorkbook(ByVal Wb As Workbook)
XLApp.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic
End Sub

Private Sub XLApp_WorkbookOpen(ByVal Wb As Workbook)
XLApp.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic
End Sub

HTH,
JP

"TJAC" wrote:

My computer switches in the Tools -- Options menu and then the calculation
tab from automatic to manual by itself. I will select automatic one day and
the next day I will be working in Excel and suddenly it has switched to
manual again. What can I do so that it remains on Automatic since I am not
changing it? It's really annoying because sometimes I don't think about it
since I didn't switch it to begin with.

Thanks for your help!