Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Calculation Manual vs Automatic

Excel picks up this setting from the first workbook you open in that session.
If you have a workbook that is shared between lots of folks, maybe one of them
opened, changed that setting and then saved the workbook.

TJAC wrote:

My computer switches in the Tools -- Options menu and then the calculation
tab from automatic to manual by itself. I will select automatic one day and
the next day I will be working in Excel and suddenly it has switched to
manual again. What can I do so that it remains on Automatic since I am not
changing it? It's really annoying because sometimes I don't think about it
since I didn't switch it to begin with.

Thanks for your help!

--

Dave Peterson