Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default column limitation

A to J is 10 columns but who's counting<g

Select columns A:J and FormatCellsProtection. Uncheck "locked".

Lock the columns right of Column J and hide them.

Protect the worksheet.

BTW..........Where do you get the number 702 from?

Excel 2007 has 16,384 columns.

Earlier versions have 256 or less depending on how early you go.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 10:59:06 -0800, mbnspect
wrote:

I am working on an excel spread sheet. I only need to have 9 columns for
what I want to do. The columns are from A to J. Is there a way of deleting
the rest of the columns or making them inactive. This makes it easier
especially when blocking a row. It would not be row of 702 columns but only
of 9 columns?