Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Art Art is offline

Default Insert apostrophe in each cell

If you can sort them, then enter:

=CONCATENATE("'",A1)

This should work good, but it will add it to the words as well. Try it and
let me know if you come up with any problem.

"Shari" wrote:

I was told to put it in front of each entry.

Also, the other formulas I was given are not working.

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 07:08:02 -0800, Shari
wrote:

For exporting, I am trying to insert an apostrophe in each cell in one of my
columns that contains numbers. There are over 800 records, how do I do this
without having to go to each cell and do it manually?

Where do you want to insert the apostrophe? Beginning, end, middle, third
character from the right ????
--ron