Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_127_] Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_127_] is offline

Default how to turn decimal hours into hours and minutes?

Better would be if you could post it to a web site somewhere so others can
see it also; but if you are not sure how to do that, yes you can send the
file directly to me... just remove the obvious parts from my email address.

Rick

"Josh" wrote in message
i can send the file if that would help

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

Click in one of the cells that have your hours in it and select/copy
**everything** in the formula bar (don't retype it for us... select
whatever
is in the formula bar and hit Ctrl+C to copy it into the clipboard) and
then
paste it onto a separate line in a response to this message.

Rick

"Josh" wrote in message
i put it in this way and changed to cell to match but still got #
value!. i
tried all the ways listed but none gave a correct value. i know it is
something simple i missed but can't find it.

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

Damn! I forgot about the newsreader breaking lines at spaces. Here is
the
same formula broken so that the newreader won't do that...

=INT(A1)&" hour"&IF(INT(A1)=1," ","s ")&MINUTE(A1/24)&
" minute"&IF(MINUTE(A1/24)=1,"","s")

Rick

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)"
wrote
in
message ...
Although perhaps this would be better...

=INT(A1)&" hour"&IF(INT(A1)=1," ","s ")&MINUTE(A1/24)&"
minute"&IF(MINUTE(A1/24)=1,"","s")

as it properly handles the "s" (plural/single) for when either/both
the
hours and minutes are 1.

Rick

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)"
wrote
in
message ...
I think you can do away with the two string function calls by doing
this...

=INT(A1)&" hours "&MINUTE(A1/24)&" minutes"

Rick

"T. Valko" wrote in message
"237 hours 50 minutes". if i can get with text, that would be
great.

A1 = decimal value = 237.83

=INT(A1)&" hours "&RIGHT(TEXT(A1/24,"h:mm"),2)&" mins"

Returns: 237 hours 49 mins

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Josh" wrote in message
i want to display my vacation hours as as hours and minutes. right
now
lets
say i have 237.83 displayed. i would like to find a way to
display
this
as
"237 hours 50 minutes". if i can get with text, that would be
great.
if
not,
i can work with that as well.