Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JP JP is offline

Default IF function

Where do I create the table? On a seperate sheet?

"T. Valko" wrote:

Create a 2 column table like this:

...........F..........G.....
1........0..........Poor
2........40........Below Average
3........50........Average
4........60........Above Average
5........70........Good
6........80........Very Good
7........90........Outstanding

A1 = some number

=IF(A1="","",VLOOKUP(A1,F1:G7,2))

0 - 39 = Poor
40 - 49 = Below Average
50 - 59 = Average
60 - 69 = Above Average
70 - 79 = Good
80 - 89 = Very Good
90+ = Outstanding

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"JP" wrote in message
Another factor is a range...per your example:
=IF(95<A190,"Good",IF(90<A185,"Okay")) Total of 7.....

Now knowing all the details, can this be done?

"JP" wrote:

Yes, I need about 8 functions....I tried the equation below and it
excepted
the formula, but it wouldn't change the answer for each variable, it just
posted the first.

"T. Valko" wrote:

You can use something like this if you have a "few" conditions:

=IF(A1=90,"Excellent",IF(A1=80,"Good",IF(A1=70, "Average","Need
Improvement")))

If you have more than a "few" conditions then your best approach is to
create a 2 column lookup table. Post back if that might be the case.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"JP" wrote in message
Is it possible to put multiple IF functions to one cell? For
examples, say
want to assign different descriptions depending on what value shows
up in
cell.