Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Earl Kiosterud Earl Kiosterud is offline

Default How to focus on first row of data validation set?

Wilhelm,

Here's a self-adjusting way to get your dropdown. It's based on the dynamic range
technique. If your list starts in E1, and doesn't go past E100 (adjust if necessary), the
dropdown will list only the items it finds in E1 and down. The list in Column E mustn't have
any empty cells inside it. Use this in the Data Validation - List Source box:

=OFFSET(E1,0,0,COUNTA(E1:E100),1)

--
Regards from Virginia Beach,

Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com
"Wilhelm" wrote in message
Please help! I'm using a simple data validation to allow for drop down values
to select from. To allow for future addition of values, I've included a
number of blank cells (with ignore blank setting). Whenever the cell is
dropped down, the focus is on a blank cell at the bottom of my list of
values, and I then need to scroll up to see the values. Can anybody help with
this? Thanks.