Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CorporateQAinTX CorporateQAinTX is offline

Default How do I format cells to round up?

If you want to set each cell up without any outside functions, I think you'll
need to try some VBA codes or macros. I'm not that proficient with them to
even know that that would work. Any time you write a function that refers to
the cell it's in you're going to get a circular error. My suggestion would be
to put the formula into the cell right of an input cell. Then go to Format
Cells < Security and lock it. When you've completed the sheet as far as you
want it, you can protect the sheet (Tools<Protect Sheet) and the formula
can't be erased. When you protect it, uncheck everything listed except choose
unlocked cells. Other than that the default is to round normally.

"Tom" wrote:

I did that but it keeps giving me the circular reference error. The values
that appear in the cell are being entered as the result of a formula.

"CorporateQAinTX" wrote:

Have you tried using the =ROUNDUP() function? You're supposed to put the
number and then the number of decimal places in the parenthesis, but you can
list a cell value for number like A1 instead. If you want a whole integer
just put a 0 like this:

=ROUNDUP(A1,0)

This will take whatever number is in A1 and round it up every time.

QA Techie

"Tom" wrote:

I want to format a cell or column in a worksheet to always round up the value
to the nearest integer. My skills here are limited so please reply in
"layman's" terms.