Ron Rosenfeld

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 09:43:02 -0800, "Mark"
wrote:

Simply put, I need a function that will indicate if a given date is a workday
or a weekend.

With some date in F1, the formula:

=WORKDAY(F1-1,1,HOLIDAYS)=F1

will return TRUE if F1 is a workday, and FALSE if F1 is not a workday.
HOLIDAYS is a range which includes an optional list of HOLIDAYS. If that is
not relevant, that term can be omitted.

If the WORKDAY function is not available, and returns the #NAME? error, install
and load the Analysis ToolPak add-in.

On the Tools menu, click Add-Ins.
In the Add-Ins available list, select the Analysis ToolPak box, and then click
OK.
If necessary, follow the instructions in the setup program.

I could also use a function that would given me the
networkdays in a given month, without having to specify a start and end date.

With some date in the given month in F1,

=networkdays(F1-DAY(F1)+1,eomonth(F1-DAY(F1),1),HOLIDAYS)

will do what you request.

--ron