Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Please help with splitting column???

How about using TTC (Text To Columns) and making the delimiter that comma
that appears to be in every line, just before the "Suite" and the "Bldg"?
--
HTH,

RD

"TotallyConfused" wrote in
message ...
Sorry, I should have put some sample :

Address field
126 Birmingham Dr., Suite 200
1936 Rodeo Dr., Suite 100
500 La Mesa, Bldg 5
etc

I need to display like this in two columns:

Address 1 Address 2
126 Birmingham Dr Suite 200
1936 Rodeo Dr Suite 100
500 La Mesa Bldg 5

Thank you.

"Ragdyer" wrote:

Post some explicit examples of your data.

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

!

-
"TotallyConfused" wrote in
message ...
I do not want to use the delimiter because I do not want to split and

then
try to put all the columns back together. I need to split before the
"Suite##" which is a space but then it would split the whole address.

An
address could have many spaces. I do not want to have to split and

then
put
together the columns again. There must be a better way to do this?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

You could try DataText to Columns and try to figure out what

de-limiter
to use.

Maybe a space or a comma?

If nothing logical, you may have to resort to a formula.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 14:08:00 -0800, TotallyConfused
wrote:

I hope someone can help me with this. I have an address column.

However,
this column has the main address and Suite ## or Bldg #. I need to

separate
the main address and suite ## or bldge # so that the suite ## or

Bldg
## is
in a separate column. How can I accomplish this as easy as

possible?
Thank
you in advance for any help you can provide.