Excel Files Acting Weird
I am having the same problems Excel files not being able to open from e-mail
attachments. I tried the unregserver and regserver as mentioned in the
previous posting but no luck. Any ideas?
Dave, the LAN guys tried those commands and nothing happened. They had pretty
much given up and moved on when I thought of looking in File Types again.
"Dave Peterson" wrote:
One of the things that the /unregserver and /regserver stuff (that Gord
suggested) does is to fix the registry entries for excel--including what you did
(I find running those two commands much safer than playing in the File Types
Figured out why I was having trouble with emailed Excel files. Went into My
Computer/Tools/Folder Options/File Types. XLS was referred to as an XLS File
instead of a Microsoft Excel Worksheet. DDE codes were missing. When I opened
and examined XLB aka Microsoft Excel Worksheet, the DDE codes for "New",
"Print" and "Printto" magically transmorgified to XLS and Voila! I'm back in
I just got upgraded to WinXP and Excel 2000 (SP-3). Now when I try to copy
cells from a worksheet in one workbook to a worksheet in a second workbook,
Excel is treating the copied cells as MS Excel Worksheet Objects, and
formulas are not being copied. Also Excel files opened from email attachments
are re-opening Excel so I can't tile two files. All of these problems only
cropped up this week when I got the upgrades.