Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
TotallyConfused TotallyConfused is offline

Default Please help with splitting column???

I do not want to use the delimiter because I do not want to split and then
try to put all the columns back together. I need to split before the
"Suite##" which is a space but then it would split the whole address. An
address could have many spaces. I do not want to have to split and then put
together the columns again. There must be a better way to do this?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

You could try DataText to Columns and try to figure out what de-limiter to use.

Maybe a space or a comma?

If nothing logical, you may have to resort to a formula.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 14:08:00 -0800, TotallyConfused
wrote:

I hope someone can help me with this. I have an address column. However,
this column has the main address and Suite ## or Bldg #. I need to separate
the main address and suite ## or bldge # so that the suite ## or Bldg ## is
in a separate column. How can I accomplish this as easy as possible? Thank
you in advance for any help you can provide.