Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default LookUp Function with Two Column Search Returning One Column Value

To change the return col, just adjust the INDEX part of the expression:

... INDEX(C$3:C$100, ... )

to say:

... INDEX(Z$3:Z$100, ... )

(assuming the return is to come from col Z which contains the prices)
--
Max
Singapore

I have moved my Vendor Table of Items (columns: vendor, Item,
description and price) to a different worksheet within the same file
and successfully referenced that worksheet (allowing me to keep my
price list in a separate worksheet for updating, etc. Please help
with the following. Once the formula looks up the proper Item, I want
to grab the price of that item which is in a column adjacent to that
item look-up and place it in my new table on the dsame row but
different column. So, for each Item looked up there is a
corresponding Price (like $423.00).

I suspect this formula is simpler and I still want to use the
=IF(OR(A6="",B6="") so the cell is blank unless there's a value. Can
you help me with that new formula for the Price column?