Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fred Smith[_4_] Fred Smith[_4_] is offline

Default Payroll tax deductions

It's very easy to set up. You just need a lookup table. Your table would
have two columns: wages and tax rate. The entry for wages in each row would
be the amount where the rate changes, and the tax rate for that amount. Then
use Vlookup to get the correct tax rate.

After you've check out Vlookup in Help, post back if you need more help.

Regards,
Fred

"jgoblish" wrote in message
I need help in setting up fed and state payroll tax deductions using the
percentage method. I have checked other payroll tax templates and don't
find
what I am looking for. It would be a look up table that the field would
have
to look at to see what percentage of tax needs to be withheld, depending
on
the wages for the period, such as every two week payperiod. Or is this
too
much to program?