Wildfire7 Wildfire7 is offline
Junior Member

Default Create a search feature in a worksheet

Hey all
This is my first post on this lovely forum i am hoping i cold get some help because i need it urgently, i have searched around incase third thread has already been posted but it has not so please help.

Is it possible to create a box in Sheet1 of an Excel workbook that when you type in a word or phrase will search Sheet2 -- working just like the "find" option on the toolbar?

My goal is to be able to put the word (for example) "depreciation" in a cell on sheet 1 and have it look through sheet 2 and return the general ledger accounts that have the word depreciation in them. (i.e. "depreciation exp. computers", "depreciation exp.leased equipment"). The entries on sheet 2 have account numbers in the same cell as the description. This would mimic the " find" feature, but wouldn't take me away from the page I am working on.
I was trying to avoid making multiple lists and drop down menus as there are hundreds of accounts.

Thankyou ever so much