Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Cell Calculations

Well, your question is unclear as to what formula you are trying to use
where, but to try to answer your question:
=IF(B35<"","",IF(OR(D37<"",E37<""),your_formula _for_total_left,"answer
undefined"))
--
David Biddulph

"Dina" wrote in message
Is it possible for one cell to calculate two seperate totals based on the
calculation in other cells. I've already set the cells below to auto
calculate. I now want cell B38 to remain blank if B35 has an entry of a
dollar amount paid but I want it to display the total left if D37 and or
E37
has a dollar amount entry.
Example:
funds left over are 500.00 in cell B28
required amount to be paid is 764.00 in B34
payment was made of 500.00 entered in B35
balance left is auto calculated in B36

Thanks