Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Templar Templar is offline

Default Excel Puzzle

I've made backups. Something is not working right at all. I've tried it 20
times
I insert a new column as the first column
I enter xxxxxx on the title line
I enter 0 on line 2 and 1 on line three
Nothing happens when I right click, but when I left click I can drag all the
way
down to the final line entry (5,600) and they are properly highlighted.
I right click and hit copy
And then I get to authofilter.
An arrow box appears at the first entry of every column
But nothing happens.

By the way, if some cells are improperly merged in this database, is there
an easy command to delete the merge command?

--
Templar

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Thanks Pete.

I forgot to mention that(did not think about it) and did not tell OP to first
make a backup.

Hope he didn't get too far if there were formulas<g

Gord

On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 01:38:44 -0000, "Pete_UK" wrote:

Further to Gord's reply, if you have formulae in even rows that refer to
cells in odd rows then these will show #REF errors after you remove the odd
rows.

Pete

"Templar" wrote in message
Two Inquires

First: Is there a shortcut for me to be able to delete every other line
in
an excel
document. The information on every other line (3,5,7,9 etc) is redundant
and I'd hate to have to delete them line by line.

Second: When I delete the redundant line, some data from the main line
disappears too. I can't have that happen. (that is, if I delete line 3,
some important
data on line 2 disappears)

Please advise. Thank you.
--