Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
insitedge insitedge is offline

Default LookUp Function with Two Column Search Returning One Column Value

On Mar 1, 6:15*am, insitedge wrote:
I have created a LOOKUP Function (as an IF=0 statement) for one column
of information (looking up the value in Column E - my "Item #",
=IF(D3=0,"",(LOOKUP(E3,B:B,C:C)))

but I want to modify this to also show the look-up for "Vendor" from
the value in Column D.
I want to have two columns search and two c9olums lookup in order to
separate "Vendor" from "Item #".

What formula would allow me to do a LOOKUP on both Vendor (COL A) and
Item # (COL B) and then return the Item Descritpion Value in COL C?
My input culumns are COL D (vendor) and COL E (Item). My result column
is COL F.

* * * * * * * * * *Look UP Table * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Input Search
COL A * * * * * COL B * * * * *COL C
COL D * * * * * *COL E * * * * * COL F
VENDOR *Item # *Item Description * * * *Vendor *Item * *Description
Windham 1812 * *WND Chaise Lounge * * * Gloster C20 * * GLO Chaise Lounge (THIS IS
WHERE I HAVE LOOKUP)
Windham 1813 * *WND End Table
Windham 1814 * *WND Coffee Table
Windham 1815 * *WND Cuddle Chair
Windham 1816 * *WND Dining Table
Windham 1817 * *WND Dining Arm Chair
Windham 1818 * *WND Dining Side Table

Lane * *456 * * LV Loveseat
Lane * *456 * * LV Sofa
Lane * *458 * * LV Settee

Gloster 356J * *GLO Chaise Lounge
Gloster C70 * * GLO End Table
Gloster 359J * *GLO Coffee Table
Gloster C20 * * GLO Cuddle Chair
Gloster 358 * * GLO Dining Table

First, thanks. I could not have conceived that formula. But when I
entered it, I receive an #NA. When I remove the values (vendor name
and item name) from cells D3 and E3, leaving those cells blank, the
#NA disspaeras indicating that if those cells are blank nothing will
be displayed, but I don;t understand why I am receiving an #NA.

Any thoughts?