Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Excel Puzzle

In a helper column adjacent to your data range in row 1 enter xxxxx, in row 2
enter 0, in row 3 enter 1

Select 0 and 1 cells then right-click and drag down as far as you need.

Release button and "Copy Cells".

Select the column and DataFilterAutofilter on the 1.

Select the visible cells and deleteentire row.

Then DataFilterAutofilter to disable and see just the even rows remaining.

Losing data in row 2 when you delete row 3 sounds like you maybe have merged
some cells?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 16:07:00 -0800, Templar
wrote:

Two Inquires

First: Is there a shortcut for me to be able to delete every other line in
an excel
document. The information on every other line (3,5,7,9 etc) is redundant
and I'd hate to have to delete them line by line.

Second: When I delete the redundant line, some data from the main line
disappears too. I can't have that happen. (that is, if I delete line 3,
some important
data on line 2 disappears)

Please advise. Thank you.