Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Drag and Drop Rows (not just cells)

Others have responded in my defense and have interpreted my response in the vein
in which it was intended.

You stated "aside from creating a macro, which I am unable to do?"

I was merely inquiring if you were restricted from using macros by your IT Dept,
which is quite common.

If you had stated "I don't know how" then my response would have been to walk
you through creating a simple macro using the recorder.

Gord

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 21:25:00 -0800, Rebecca
wrote:

I came to this "new user" forum asking for some help, not sarcastic,
demeaning remarks. I don't think this kind of response is becoming of an MS
Excel MVP.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

And you could use the macro recorder whilst doing this.

Or is the "unable to do" some kind of IT restriction imposed upon you?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 01:33:01 -0800, Rebecca
wrote:

Thanks, OssieMac. You are a big help. This is what I need.

"OssieMac" wrote:

Hi Rebecca,

Right click on the row number identifer on the left of the page. This will
select the entire row and bring up a menu. Select Cut.

Right click on the row where you want to insert. This will select the entire
row and display a menu. Select Insert Cut cells.

Note when inserting the row, it inserts it above the one that has been
selected.

In earlier versions of Excel, all the above can be done with the right mouse
button although when selecting the menu options you can use either button. In
Excel 2007, you still initially use the right mouse button but the menu
options have to be selected with the left mouse button. I am not sure if
there are any options to modify this.

OssieMac

"Rebecca" wrote:

Hi. Is it possible to move a row or rows to other places using drag and drop?

Right now I insert a new (empty) row in the place or places I want to paste,
then I copy the row or rows I want to move, paste it or them in the empty
rows and then go back and delete the rows that have just been copied.

This is quite tedious, indeed. Is there a faster way to move rows, aside
from creating a macro, which I am unable to do? If it is possible, please
explain how to do this in simple English, step by step. Thanks.