Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tyro[_2_] Tyro[_2_] is offline

Default how to turn decimal hours into hours and minutes?

I already have made a spread sheet that shows the Excel time values for each
second of the day.

Tyro

"OssieMac" wrote in message
Hi Tyro,

firstly the OP said "i want to display my vacation hours as as hours and
minutes". The method I have given will display theat. The best way is for
you
to insert the number divided by 24 in a cell in Excel and then use the
number
format the way I described. Actually 237.83hrs will display 237:49 because
237hrs 50mins is 237.83 with the 3 recurring. Would need to include a few
more of the recurring 3's to get 237:50.

In Excel, time is actually a fraction of a day. I am sure if you do a
search
on the internet, you will find an explanation as to how Excel handles
dates
and times.

OssieMac

"Tyro" wrote:

If you were doing it on paper, how would you do it? Then take that and
create a formula in Excel to show the answer.

Tyro

"Josh" wrote in message
i want to display my vacation hours as as hours and minutes. right now
lets
say i have 237.83 displayed. i would like to find a way to display this
as
"237 hours 50 minutes". if i can get with text, that would be great. if
not,
i can work with that as well.