Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default Calculating Winner

For a place, (ie 1, 2, 3) in F7, try:

=IF(F7=1,5,IF(F7=2,3,IF(F7=3,1,"")))

If you want further help I think that you are going to have to provide more
details about your spreadsheet.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Bruce" wrote in message
I by far have no knowledge on the functions of Excel, I often read things
through my work that are done with excel and see the capabilities but do
not
know how to utilize them. I am on an auto show board and want to come up
with a way of calculating the ballots that come in, using excel. Ballot
points are accrued as follows: 5 points for 1st place, 3 points for 2nd
place, 1 point for 3rd place. With about 25 different catagories
(classes)
and estimating participants at around 100. Could someone please help me
come
up with a spread sheet that would perform this task for me, I do realize
that
I may not be providing all the variables here and asking for assistance
from
someone I do not know, I try to help others where I can in the automotive
field knowing there is nothing besides personal gain. I would be more
than
willing to provide the neccesary information in order to complete the
task.