Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bruce Bruce is offline

Default Calculating Winner

I by far have no knowledge on the functions of Excel, I often read things
through my work that are done with excel and see the capabilities but do not
know how to utilize them. I am on an auto show board and want to come up
with a way of calculating the ballots that come in, using excel. Ballot
points are accrued as follows: 5 points for 1st place, 3 points for 2nd
place, 1 point for 3rd place. With about 25 different catagories (classes)
and estimating participants at around 100. Could someone please help me come
up with a spread sheet that would perform this task for me, I do realize that
I may not be providing all the variables here and asking for assistance from
someone I do not know, I try to help others where I can in the automotive
field knowing there is nothing besides personal gain. I would be more than
willing to provide the neccesary information in order to complete the task.