Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Red Red is offline

Default Splitting Cells

You can combine cells. In your case, you'll just need to hilight the cells
you want to combine, then go to Format / Cells. On the alignment tab check
"Merge Cells" at the bottom and then press Ok.

Those cells now have been put together. One note though, merging cells can
have a negative impact when trying to use the data in a merged cell in a
formula.

Hope this helps.

--
Just a fellow Excel user here to help when I can.....

"PAL" wrote:

I am working on putting together a cheat sheet. I guess you could describe
it as a dashboard. I was wondering if you could combine then split cells. I
would like to go from 3 cells to 2 cells. I don't want to affect the entire
column as I will have a table below that needs the 3 columns.

I know you can do this in a Word table. Is that the best way to do this?

Thanks.