Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default How do I scan in a worksheet so that I can edit or add data?

hi
hard to say. some older scanners only scanned documents as pictures making
them impossible to edit.
some newer scanners come with OCR software (optical character recognition)
making it possible to scan as text. a text file can be opened in xl as a text
file.
check your scanner's documentation for OCR software.
if you don't have OCR software, check this out....

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=OCR+software

regards
FSt1

"beacon" wrote:

I have a worksheet that I can scan but it will not let me enter in any data.
How do I make it work?