Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Red Red is offline

Default Validation for state abbreviations

hmmm.

I tried creating a dummy validation (aka, not a complete listing of state
abbreviations) and mine worked just fine. I pointed the validation to the
list I created (which were entered as CAPS) and therefore my drop down list
for the validation cell was populated with all caps. I tried overwriting
the cell with just lowercase inputs and I got the expected error message.
Did you make your list in all caps?

--
Just a fellow Excel user here to help when I can.....

"k1ngr" wrote:

How can I set up data validation so that state abbreviations are entered as
two upper case characters?

I have the abbreviations validated from a list, but it doesn't force all
uppercase.

Dick King