Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Paul Paul is offline

Default add rows figures in a column if selected by a variable

Hi guys,
(Excel 2003)
Problem I have is this;
In a workbook called banking.xls, I have a worksheet called 2008. In the
worksheet there are a number of columns for monies paid in by various methods
(Chq, card, cash.....etc) which are totalled each month. These payments are
bound for 1 of 2 ledgers, at present in another column I enter via a drop
down box either "A" or "BL" to designate the ledger it belongs to. At the end
of each month I need to know how much belongs to each account. So in essence
something that will take a range of cells eg. c10 to c100 and d10 to d100 e10
to e100 look across to column J where each row is marked either "A" or "BL"
via a drop down box and provide an answer how much for "A" and how much for
"BL". However, I would need to change the range each month for columns cdef
and J
Appreciate your help in advance
Regards