Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ALEX ALEX is offline

Default Data Validation - Insert Row

Hi,

I have been trying to figure this out but, cant seem to find a solution.
Please Help.

Cell A1 will show lists of categories (fruits or veggies), cell B1 is
dependent on A1 and will show its items depending on what I choose in A1. Up
to here, no problem.

But I want something a little different. I want cell A1 to show lists of
categories and have the rest of column A be dependent on cell A1. If I select
the rest of the column and have it refer back to cell A1, excel automatically
adjusts the formula to each cell (e.g. A2 refer to A1, A3 refer to A2€¦.and so
on); this way I have to change it cell manually.

Another thing and this is the most important to me. Is there a way to insert
an empty row if the user selects €śother€ť in the list in cell A1? (e.g. the
user wants a category that is not available, so he chooses €śother€ť in the
reference cell, A1, so another row will be inserted and he will be able to
type what he wants). I know something close to this can be done with
€śunchecking€ť the error message, but I want to know if its possible to have
an extra row inserted.

Thanks a lot

Alex